When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is usually near the top of many people’s wants in Kitchener. A tankless water heater is a good route for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for a later time, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which may save you a lot on energy expenses. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use for later use, you won’t be paying for standby energy losses like you may have to with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a constant supply of hot water. They are compact in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to operate.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water comes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element will heat it. Then it goes to the tap, where you end up with hot water. One thing about tankless water heaters—particularly for bigger households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be large enough to accommodate several uses at once. One of our specialists will help you determine what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their expertise.
Some people decide to install a separate tankless water heater that’s designated to a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, many houses in the Kitchener area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of getting one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifecycle of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units have a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters rarely run out of hot water.
- You get higher energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient with no standby heat loss and only use the power they need to heat the amount of water needed at any point.
- Tankless models need much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be hung on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’re used.
With tankless water heaters, you get rid of the chance of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater added to your Kitchener home. It’s a great energy-efficient option for your home. We carry quality tankless hot water heater choices, knowledge and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 519-804-1617
or request an appointment with us online.