If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak can include the following:
- The scent of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances connected to the gas line, i.e. gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or yellowed grass, plants or other vegetation
- People inside the home having symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are encountering any of these signs and are concerned they could be due to a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately, followed by your utility company.
There are cases where the utility company will take care of a gas leak, but in most scenarios the homeowner is on the hook. Luckily, the experts at Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are committed to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work comes with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a lot of projects around the house that homeowners decide to take on by themselves, gas line repair should to be left up to the experts. It is the only way to be sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Kitchener codes.
From putting in gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts’s years of experience have allowed us to handle a host of gas line projects in the Kitchener community, so no job is too much for our specialists.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As noted before, the first thing you need to do if you are concerned about a gas leak is exit your home and then call 911 immediately. After emergency responders are coming your way, get ahold of your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made certain there is no danger, call Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts to arrange a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Be sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 right away if you’re ever nervous about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide won’t have a smell and isn’t easily detected. The EPA recommends the following steps to reduce exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances safely adjusted.
- Invest in and use an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have a well-versed professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and take care of any leaks immediately.
For more tips on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, visit our blog.