What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by insufficient fuel combustion usually caused by insufficient oxygen. In your home, appliances that consume natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not operating accurately or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces could also produce carbon monoxide. CO is toxic to the body and is fatal at heightened levels or with prolonged exposure.