Stopping it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Completing proper safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Kitchener.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when run right but can produce carbon monoxide when on for a long period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a pro. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
- Confirm gas appliances are running properly, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by booking regular furnace maintenance with Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts.