Air conditioners don’t last forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Kitchener, you could be thinking—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several things to think over, as well as the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can probably delay it.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to enjoy the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the right air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the proper amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. A modern air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and give the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you replace both components together.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t often any big short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is frequently temporary until the other system goes out. You can avoid the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your home comfier and lowering your yearly heating and cooling bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in at the same time. And you could even be authorized for an exclusive deal since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts. We get the expense of replacing your full system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 519-804-1617 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.