Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Kitchener, you could be considering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few things to think over, as well as the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can probably delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the proper amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A modern air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the proper advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you replace both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any big short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is frequently temporary until the other system stops working. You can avoid the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the highest efficiency, making your home comfier and lowering your long-term heating and cooling expenses.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you could even be authorized for an exclusive deal as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts. We know the expense of replacing your full system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 519-804-1617 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.