We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review the common heating problems Kitchener homeowners often call Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of explanations why your Kitchener home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Here are the top five issues that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat malfunctions causing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Airflow problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace excessive heat or poor heating control
3. Dirty or clogged filters that cause airflow and comfort problems
4. Pilot light or furnace ignition issues, resulting in sporadic or no heat
5. Inconsistent maintenance history may cause unexpected breakdowns, poor comfort or increased energy costs (plus a lot of homeowner frustration!)
All of these common issues can be resolved by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts can quickly spot the problem area and make the needed repairs. Purchasing a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could prevent almost all heating problems that leave you with no heat or low comfort levels. With a proper tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they run correctly and at peak efficiency during the heating season. Important items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also key elements to the tune-up process. Remember – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age can pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, particularly if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a regular basis.
Contact Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts of Kitchener at to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.