Summer is typically a crazy time of year for many people in Kitchener. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any variety of other fun activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Kitchener heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Kitchener heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is operating at its peak in the Kitchener heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a quick break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a breather as it may also be an early sign of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Kitchener temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than normal. It can help you cool down a tad sooner so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.