There are a multitude of vapors that could be inside your Kitchener house. Natural gas and vapors that come from home furnishings, carpeting and paints. None of these gases are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.
Call Boehmers/Cronin Emery Home Services by Enercare at 519-804-1617 right away to get started protecting your house against this toxic gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?
Carbon monoxide might be an emergency, so it’s not something to joke about.
1. You Can’t Taste It
Carbon monoxide is dangerous because you can’t observe it, detect it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in little doses and can’t be purified.
2. It Can Be Lethal After Only Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of burnt fuel. It can creep into your residence during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. Based on how considerable the leak is and the circulation in a house, the gas may become lethal in just a few minutes.
Once taken in, it has a half-life of around five hours. If you are breathing clean air, you will need five hours to get it out of your system. It will take an additional five hours to decrease that amount by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Resemble Other Illnesses
Carbon monoxide could also mimic conditions that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.
How to Guard Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are three ways you can do to keep your house safe:
- Your residence with at least one gas furnace, attached garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide detector. It’s necessary to have a detector on every level of your house, in addition to the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of every bedroom. Don’t have a carbon monoxide detector in your residence?
Call Boehmers/Cronin Emery Home Services by Enercare at 519-804-1617 to purchase one. Ask our pros about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
- If you currently use a carbon monoxide alarm, regularly look at or put in new batteries. You should test batteries every season, and replace the system every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide detector alerts you to danger, get out of your residence without delay and call 911.
Protect Your Loved Ones with Help from Boehmers/Cronin Emery Home Services by Enercare
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the right precautions your loved ones can be protected from the toxic gas. Make the proper changes and call Boehmers/Cronin Emery Home Services by Enercare at 519-804-1617 to learn more.