No matter what the temperature outside in Kitchener, the temperature inside your home influences how comfortable it will feel. Choose the right temp and your rooms will feel like a nice escape from the world. But if your heating and cooling system isn’t working the right way, you’ll know. And it won’t be pleasant.
Take time for a detailed look at the way you’re utilizing your home comfort system. It could make the difference between a steady system or a poor performer. Complete this quick quiz from Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- The warm season is not far away in Kitchener. How do you get your system ready?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and clean the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Call in the Experts for seasonal maintenance.
- Nothing. It should be fine.
- You’re having an event on a hot night, but the AC isn’t cooling your space. What’s your solution?
- Tell my guests to bring chilled beverages.
- Organize an emergency repair to get it working before anyone arrives.
- Start my fans and hope for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is getting old. What’s your plan when it’s time for a new one?
- Allow my contractor to choose and bankroll it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and charges by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Select the most intricate system on the market in Kitchener.
- When you open your next monthly power bill, what do you anticipate you’ll discover?
- It will be a little higher. My HVAC costs have increased quite a bit.
- It will be similar to the cost for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I see it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are shocking.
- Your HVAC system is making a funny noise. What do you do?
- Get my toolbox and spend a weekend struggling to fix it.
- Book a professional technician to take a look.
- Don’t think about it and hope it stops.
Time to check your results. If you picked mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are right on. You’re taking care of your system and you made a plan for replacement. But if you responded to any of these questions with As or Cs, you should make some changes to help your system perform more effectively. Keep going to see how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Set Up Seasonal Maintenance While swapping out your air filter and sprucing up your vents are important tasks to help out your machinery for a season change, a professional tune-up is necessary to wrap up the process. During a maintenance visit, your pro technician will manage a series of tasks that promote the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re around, your HVAC service technician will look out for more significant headaches for your home. That could save you a pricey breakdown later in the season.
Select a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even rigorously maintained home comfort systems can have complications on occasion. And it always seems to occur at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that vital service to customers at no other cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Some heating and cooling systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Create an idea of what you want now to evade last-minute pressure when your system takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It offers you a new high-efficiency home comfort system with no up-front charges. As an added bonus, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy charges and take note when they greatly change. Your utility bills can tell you more than your monthly expenses. If you’re seeing a regular climb in your expenses but no difference in home comfort, something is definitely happening with your equipment. An updated high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Act when you hear a weird noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than annoying. It is telling you something is off with your machinery. Even if it’s a relatively small issue, left without a repair it could make for a costly repair later on. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the professionals to check out and set it right.
Your HVAC can cost you big when you don’t treat it right. If you apply these tips, you could save time, additional costs and frustration. And if your HVAC just isn’t helping anymore, consider finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a modern energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To discover more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!