There are tons of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Kitchener. But, there’s also that long list of must-do’s before the cold weather sets in. Although the outdoor yard work and home touchups are probably at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor job you should consider taking on early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment set up.
The experts at Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be done at least annually to help prevent a breakdown in the dead of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it done before the cold and crisp weather comes to Kitchener, too. Take a peek at some of the top perks of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make sure that your furnace runs at its peak efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating bill.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Kitchener this season.
- Reduces the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a cool winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to find potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to produce heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the winter.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to maintain your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if larger problems occur in the future.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a number of additional benefits, and getting furnace service done annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the winter and save you time later because you’re less likely to need additional service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Kitchener, give us a call at 519-804-1617 or schedule an appointment with Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts through our online scheduler.