Planning routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Service keeps your AC unit in Kitchener running at peak performance while keeping energy needs small. It also might even help lengthen its life expectancy.
While there are several jobs you can complete by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts, for AC inspections and service.
Here are several steps you can complete alone as you prep for warm weather.
Get Your AC Checkup Set
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that entails a large dose of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer temps right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to add AC service on that checklist.
Spring is the best time of year to get your AC system scrubbed and checked out. Delaying to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be risky. If you need repair or installation, you might be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that may get awfully uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened cooling system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioner upkeep might be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service Alone?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your AC unit in the prime state:
- Replace your air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and might reduce your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you deal with allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn work near the outside condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open room. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have collected inside your unit, as this might impede airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts at 519-804-1617, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then our Experts start the finer details. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver reliable operation.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially skip issues.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to stop reduced airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to remove any buildup from dirt and vegetation.
- Checking controls to make sure your equipment is turning on, running and shutting off like it should.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that need further work, we are prepared to provide you the most economical solution. Locating likely troubles in a timely manner could solve larger troubles in the future. This also provides you time to plan if your equipment is getting outdated.
When you are seeking an updated air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to select the best unit for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new system fit your budget. No matter what your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to schedule your service? Give us a call at 519-804-1617 or schedule an appointment online today.