Booking routine AC maintenance is helpful.
Service keeps your AC equipment in Kitchener operating at its top performance while keeping energy consumption small. It also might even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are several jobs you can finish by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts, for AC inspections and service.
Here are several steps you can complete alone as you prep for summer.
Get Your AC Checkup Set
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a large dose of house, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer temps right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to add AC checkups on that checklist.
Spring is a great time of year to get your AC system freshened and checked out. Delaying to switch it on until the first warm day of the year can be a gamble. If you need repair or a new unit, you may be waiting days for an appointment. And that could get extremely uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh cooling system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioner upkeep could be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance Alone?
There are methods that you can take to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the prime order:
- Replace your air filter. Dirty filters restrict airflow and might reduce your equipment’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is very crucial if you deal with allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn work by the outside condenser. Check the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have collected inside your unit, as this might impede airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you call Boehmers/Cronin Emery Service Experts at 519-804-1617, the initial thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then our Experts begin the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your unit and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to provide reliable operation.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially stay clear of breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to remove any buildup from dirt and vegetation.
- Checking controls to make sure your unit is switching on, running and turning off correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your equipment has the right refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that involve further service, we are prepared to provide you the most economical solution. Locating likely issues in a timely manner may solve larger troubles in the future. This also provides you time to plan if your equipment is getting outdated.
When you are seeking an updated air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to select the best unit for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new system work for your budget. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to schedule your service? Give us a call at 519-804-1617 or schedule an appointment online today.