Spring is beautiful for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your heat or cooling.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in Kitchener and keeping costs low.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it work more efficiently and trim costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility costs low.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving features in updated air conditioning systems is a definite benefit for keeping your electricity expenses down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on HVAC bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Figuring out how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your air conditioning bill will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can take advantage of a few other approaches to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your house cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your habits and move the temp when you’re gone to help you save on your bills. You can also set the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These expert suggestions will all help keep summer energy bills down. If you figure out it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 519-804-1617 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the best product for your house. And as always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.